2017 Walk-On Program Info
DOWNLOAD FOOTBALL WALK-ON FORM
(You must have this form completed to present to the coaching staff when you arrive for walk-on tryouts. Your physical must be valid within the last six months.)
The West Virginia University football program will host a workout for students interested in joining the Mountaineer football team as a walk-on. The workout will be held on Wednesday, August 16, at Milan Puskar Stadium.
Registration will begin at 5:30 p.m. in the back of the Indoor Practice Facility next to the Practice Field. All participants must be registered by noon on August 16. In order to register, you must provide copies of ALL items listed below to the Athletics Compliance Office located on the second floor of the WVU Coliseum in Room 275F.
- Proof of Insurance (physical must be within the last six months)
- Completed physical form from a physician
- Proof of Registration as a full time WVU Student (e.g., printout of class schedule with total number of credits listed)
- Completed Compliance Form
- Proof of prior Sickle Cell Test or sign the WVU Sickle Cell Form Waiver
Students must attend the workout in athletic gear in order to participate.
All interested prospects will need to be free from class obligations 2-6 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday in order to be a participant in fall practice.
* Note: If you are not NCAA eligible or have exhausted your eligibility you will not be permitted to join the team.
Please contact Casey Smithson at (304) 293-4194
with any questions.